Red Thai Curry
Preparation Time: 10 mins
CookTime: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets,
- 300ml coconut milk
- 250g green beans,
- 1-2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
How To: -
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onions, garlic, & ginger. Cook over
medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins. Add the curry
paste & cook, stirring for 1 min. Add the chicken & cook,
stirring occasionally for 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk & bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer
gently, stirring for about 20 mins. Sauce should have reduced & thickened.
- Add beans, stir well, 7 cook for about 5 min, or until tender.
There should be enough sauce to easily coat meat. If the
mixture is very liquid, increase heat & simmer until reduced.
Use a spoon to remove any oil that rises to the top. Season to taste & serve in bowls topped with handful of coriander leaves.