Ideas For An Efficient Kitchen
The kitchen is a nightmare for many people. You need to prepare so many things, and it can quickly get chaotic if somebody does not have an organizational plan. In today's article, you will get to know how to make your kitchen more efficient.
Specific things to care about
Stuff that needs no introduction: - Fridge, stove/oven, sink
- Heating element (could also be microwave)
- Microwave or oven
- Trash bin (for food scraps)
- Knife/chopping board (you need these two things) - Plates, bowls, cups, glasses, utensils.
You must make sure to make optimal use of the above components. Also, arrange them appropriately to avoid chaos.
The place where you prepare all your meals and snacks, and you can choose how to make them meet your needs. It should not seem like a battlefield. Here are some basic notions on kitchen organization
- The sink should be accessible from both sides of the kitchen.
- You might want to use this for preparation and washing dishes after mealtime.
- Drawers should hold all standard items such as cutlery, cooking utensils, towels, etc.
- Cabinets should have plates/bowls/cups, fridge items and non-perishable foodstuff.
- The drawer closest to the sink should hold cutlery objects such as spoons, forks, knives.
- The second drawer from the left should hold cooking utensils such as a spoon, spatula.
- The third drawer from the left should be general item storage containing things that do not fit into any other category.
- The cabinets on top of each side can store plates and bowls according to their size. You can choose to keep cups or glasses in one of the cabinets.
- The second cabinet from the left could be a good spot for storing your snacks and things that do not fit into other categories.
Here are specific ideas for an efficient kitchen and how to avoid the mess.
- The fridge should be next to the stove/oven, making it easier to put ingredients inside and take out finished dishes without walking back and forth too much.
- This general setup should provide you with enough space to work efficiently to access items at your disposal. It might seem kind of person, but no worries, there is always room for working around the given layout!
To make this happen, we need to get rid of everything unnecessary or redundant in your kitchen. It would help if you had a clear idea of what you need before starting to make what you need to have the perfect kitchen. As you go along, keep in mind that there are plenty of customizable options for utensils and tools. You can choose how much money you want to spend on your devices! Like if the fridge is too packed, try having a separate fridge in another room. Dedicate 1 to 2 shelves for drinks if necessary.
Once you have finished putting everything into their designated spots, it's time to get back to work! Every evening before bedtime, take some time out of your schedule and wash your dishes. It will ensure that you do not end up with a pile of dirty stuff to deal with in the morning when you are rushing off to work. For baking trays or cooking utensils, for instance, scrub them with soap under running water while doing something else (watching TV...). We hope the above tips shall help you keep your kitchen utensils and work in the kitchen sorted.