While cooking great baked snacks, one of the important aspects to give due consideration to is baking creativity. The best baking process holds both the science and arts behind. To determine how delicious your food will be, you must choose the right baking pan and ingredients to be mixed with the product. This article talks about several baking pan materials and how they will impact the outcome of baking.
Classification of baking pan material
The reaction and outcomes are different for all kinds of baking pan materials.
Silicone baking molds
Silicone baking molds are ideal for making foods like muffins, cakes, and bread. They are usually non-stick and endurable. The material inside it is safe for easy cleaning.
- Baking pans made up of silicone baking molds do not need non-stick sprays or oils.
- They are extremely heat resistant.
- The heat conductance is not so efficient.
Stainless Steel Baking Pans
Stainless steel baking sheets that cover pans work best when baking with acidic ingredients. Crispy and caramelized rusted meats are prepared by using these stainless steel baking pans flawlessly. Cleaning goes easy for dishwasher-safe material.
- These pans are nonreactive.
- Highly resistive in corrosion and rusting.
- Sustainable and long-lasting.
- The main drawback of stainless steel baking pan is it distributes heat unevenly.
Aluminum Baking Pans
Prepare food at high temperatures using aluminum baking pans. Food items to prepare in the pans include cookies, biscuits, muffins. It is advisable to hand wash with metal-safe dish detergents to maintain an aluminum baking pan.
- The Ingredients heat up and cool down faster.
- Aluminum baking pans result in even browning
- They promise resistance to rust and corrosion
- The pans are affordable for the lightweight.
- Unfortunately, those can react adversely with acidic food
Carbon Steel Baking Pans
Carbon steel is extracted from raw, heavy-gauge steel, making it a stronger, sustainable option than aluminum. They are best for casseroles, cakes, bread, pies, and other desserts. For maintenance purposes, scrub the carbon steel pans interior with hot water and a soft-bristle brush.
- If maintained properly, they are durable and lasts for a long period.
- They are significant heat conductor
- Carbon steel can adjust with both very low and very high temperatures for greater versatility.
- They are generally non-stick in nature.
- If not maintained properly, it can get rusted.
Clay/Stone Baking Dishes
Clay/stone baking dishes are well-featured, ideal for baked pasta dishes, casseroles, gratins, bread puddings, and pies. Clay baking dishes are very attractive to serve, although after the completion of baking. Clean washing is safe for this material.
- Clay or stone baking dishes are nonreactive.
- Heat conduction occurs slowly and evenly.
- These attractive dishes are vulnerable to thermal shock and breakage
- As it is made by clay or stone, eventually, dishes are heavy to lift and move
- They sometimes need seasonal care.
Apart from these baking pans mentioned above, there are many more options available in the market like;
- Tin plated steel Baking pans
- Hard-Anodized Aluminum Baking pans
- Exoglass Baking pans.
The common fact is that they are sustainable and heat-absorbing. Before you go ahead to buy one, make sure to choose wisely by checking on product quality and your requirements.