Savory baked pumpkin
Savory baked pumpkins is a wonderful side dish prepared with seasonal ingredients such as olive oil, garlic, chili powder. We have brought a simple recipe in this article for individuals looking forward to adding this dish to their menu.
Three accessible ingredients are required to prepare this delicious dessert. The absolute measurements are added below.
- Sugar pumpkin
You can purchase small pumpkins which are enriched with amazing flavors. The sizes vary from 2lb to 5 lb.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is a preferable option to cook. But sometimes melted butter can also be used as an option.
- Seasonal spices
Salt, chili powder, garlic powder are seasonings. They add an extra taste and flavor to the Savory baked pumpkin.
Steps - How to prepare it?
Keep following the steps below to make delicious Savory based pumpkins;
- Firstly you have to soften the pumpkin slightly in the microwave.
- After that, remove both the pulp and seed gently.
- Now you have to cut each pumpkin as moon-shaped. You can prefer half slices into four 1-inch-thick.
- Now, peel the skin by using a vegetable peeler.
- Remove the peeled pumpkin pieces into cubical shapes.
- Put the cubicle pumpkin in a big bowl and overlay them with olive oil and spices.
- Now finally, convert the seasoned pumpkin pieces to paper-lined rimmed baking sheets.
- After finishing this, you can roast them for about 30 minutes until fork-tender at the temperature of 425°F.
There is a substitute procedure to prepare Savory baked pumpkin as mentioned below;
- You can skip the peeling, slicing, and cubing methods. Just cut the pumpkin in half, separate the pulp and seeds, and put it cut-side-down on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- As mentioned before, cook the pumpkin for half an hour until fork-tender at 425°F. The outcome is not so much a side dish as a cooked pumpkin. You may easily use it in other recipes also.
How to serve Savory baked pumpkin?
It is a versatile side dish that can match any word. It will be better to serve it with the main dish that is cooked in the oven. You can do it couple the side dish with
- Baked salmon
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Crispy baked chicken legs
Where to store?
The left-baked pumpkin can be stored well in the fridge in a perfect airtight container. It remains in good condition for 3-4 days and can be reheated in a microwave at 50% at the time of consumption.
Tricks and tips
Some tips and tricks while preparing Savory baked pumpkin are shared;
- It's ideal for cooking with a small sugar pumpkin when making this recipe. The bigger the pumpkin, causes less flavor.
- The amount of temperature that has to be selected in the microwave depends on the size of the pumpkin. The bigger size, the long time has been taken to heat so that it becomes easy to cut.
- Never forget to keep the seeds. It is highly needed to wash and roast. Fresh roasted pumpkin seeds are wonderful in taste.
- If you want to prevent sogginess, you can choose to cook the pumpkin at high heat. It helps t Gai Pinson the edges of the pumpkin pieces.
Other Savory baked pumpkin recipes
There are so many dishes with pumpkin recipes, such as
- Roasted pumpkin with Baby kale salad
- Curried pumpkin soups
- Pumpkin and green turnip lasagna
- Pumpkin buttermilk biscuits with crispy ham.
- Chicken stew with pumpkin
- Pumpkin ravioli with sage butter
- Smoky pumpkin hummus.
- Pumpkin beer cheese soups
- Roasted pumpkin with egg poach
All the dishes that can go with pumpkin are delicious. Especially Savory baked pumpkins are Nutrition enriched and super tasty side dishes.