A typical curry from the Indian subcontinent consists of chicken stewed in an onion- and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic and a lot more.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Course: Main Course
Servings: 4-5 people
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper according to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions (cut in 4 pieces each)
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken masala powder
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 pieces of clove
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt according to taste
How To: -
- First of all, take all the chicken in a deep mixing bowl and keep it aside to let it come to room temperature, then start by adding salt in it and pepper in it.
Check out Shri and Sam's mixing bowl. Click Here: -
- Now take a big pan or take a kadai, put some oil in it and put it on medium flame. Now take all the chicken and pour in the pan or kadai. Now sauté this until the chicken is browned.
Check out the perfect Linocut Triply Kadai by Shri and Sam.Click Here!
- Remove the chicken from the utensil, once this is done.
- Now chop the onions fine and take a fry pan and add all the onions in it and put it on medium flame. Sauté the onions well. Then add ginger and garlic in it and then sauté again. Then add some chicken masala powder in it.
Check out Shri and Sam's Rockline Fry Pan, Click Here: -
- Now take the chicken and add to the pan or kadai, then add tomato sauce in it and mix well. Once that is done, add some coconut milk, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick to it. Then season it with some salt and stir well.
Check Out Shri and Sam's Ultimate Series Kitchen Tool, Click Here :-
- Now reduce the heat to low and cover the kadai or pan with a lid. Cook for about 25 minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Your chicken curry is ready to be served, it is best served with either rotis, paranthas, naan or rice.