This one is a dessert beverage commonly had in India. This is an epic combination of sweet basil, milk and vanilla ice cream. This can also be served with different fruits like mango. This is the perfect way to beat the summer heat!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
2-1/2 Cup milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Cup fresh mango pulp
2 Tbsp sweet basil seed (tukmaria, sabza)
1 packet of falooda (falooda is a corn vermicelli)
- 6 scoops vanilla ice-cream
1/2 cup finely chopped mangos (for garnishing)
Take a sauce pan and add 2 tbsp sugar and then add milk in it, then put it on medium flame and boil it. Keep boiling it until it reduces down to approximately 1-1/2 cup. Then take it off the stove and keep the milk in the fridge.
- Then cook the faluda in sauce pan in boiling water, until they become soft. Then strain them and chop them in a few pieces and then keep them aside to cool off. Then put them in refrigerator to make them chilled.
Kitchen Food Strainer
- Chop the mango and add 2 tbsp of sugar to it. Then refrigerate it.
- Take the basil seeds and soak them in a bowl with almost half a cup of water. They will swell and become transparent, then keep them aside.
German Mixing Bowl
- Take a tall glass now and put 2-3 tbsp of mango pulp in it, then a few spoons of flood and then basil seeds on it, then pout 1/4 cup of milk in it. Then add 1-2 scoops of ice cream in it and then again some flood on it. Then garnish it with chopped mango.
- Your floods is ready to be served!