Kadhi chawal is a famous dish, and it's best known for its delicious taste. The gravy is made using yoghurt, besan, and exotic spices, and most people use onion fritters for preparing the dish. If you have been looking for a delicious recipe, keep reading below;
For Curd Slurry - Ingredients
- Take 1.5 cups of yoghurt.
- Next, you need 3 cups full of water, and you may add more or less water depending on your requirements.
- Take ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Next, you need ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Take ½ teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder.
- Take some asafetida( hing).
- Take salt as per taste.
- Take eight tablespoons of besan.
For Curd Slurry - Recipe
- Whisk the sour curd and make it smooth
- Put red chilli powder, turmeric powder, besan, garam masala, and a pinch of salt to the curd.
- Stir the mixture properly.
- Now add 3 cups full of water to it. Again, start stirring it properly so that there are no lumps.
- The slurry curd is ready. Keep it ready.
- Use a blender for a smooth mixture.
For Onion Pakora - Ingredients
- Take 1 cup full of thin slices of onions.
- To make the pakoras crispy, take 1 cup full of besan.
- Also, take a pinch of red chilli powder
- Take a bit of Garam Masala Powder
- Take a bit of ajwain
- Take as much salt as required
- Take a quarter cup of water
- Take a little quantity of mustard oil or sunflower oil. Use it for shallow frying of the onion fritters.
For Onion Pakora - Recipe
- Put the besan in a vessel, add a pinch of red chilli powder, garam masala powder, carom seeds, and salt as per taste.
- Next, add a cup of thin slices of onion.
- Now, mix it well and keep the mixture for half an hour.
- It will allow the onions to release their water in the mixture. Depending on the water content in the onions, the mixture will become very moist or just about moist.
- Now, add water to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Now heat some oil in a frying pan and wait till it becomes medium hot.
- Now put the pakora batter carefully in the oil. Fry it for some time and turn it once it becomes partially fried.
- Keep frying till the pakoras get a golden tinge.
- Now put the fried pakoras on a napkin to soak the extra oil. Fry the pakoras in batches and keep them aside.
For making kadhi - Ingredients
- Take some chopped onions, a tablespoon of chopped garlic, and ginger
- Also, take a few Fenugreek (methi) and cumin seeds.
- Take one teaspoon of Serrano pepper or two green chillies
- Also, take two dry, broken red chillies with seeds removed.
- Take asafoetida (hing)
- Some curry leaves
- One tablespoon of oil for cooking, mustard or sunflower or neutral oil.
For making kadhi - Recipe
- Now take a fresh, add oil, and head it. Use a pot with a large bottom.
- Add cumin seeds, Fenugreek seeds, and asafoetida to the pan. Once the cumin seeds start to crackle, and the Fenugreek seeds change the colour, keep the flame low.
- Now, add onions, stir and saute the onions for a few minutes.
- Now add chopped ginger, garlic, and chillies one by one and start stirring.
- Then, add curry leaves and dried red chillies on top. Again, stir the mixture and add the curd slurry. Then, mix it well.
- Keep stirring till the bottom turns brown.
- Let the kadhi boil. Now, lower the heat and allow it to simmer. The kadhi will thicken and add water if it turns to be too thick.
- Now, if you want, you can add the onion pakoras and stir them gently. Add garam masala. It is ready to serve.
Keep following the steps above, and in no time, you shall master the recipe. It is a delicacy and is loved by all, and you may serve it with steamed rice or jeera rice per your choice.