Caramel corn or caramel popcorn is a confection made of popcorn coated with a sugar or molasses based caramel candy shell.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Servings 2-3 people
1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- Start by pre heating the oven on 95 degrees Celsius(250 degrees F).
- Then take a big bowl and place all the popcorn in it.
Click here to check out Shri and Sam's Anti Skid Bowl.
- Now take a medium sized sauce pan, and put it on medium heat then put butter in it. Wait for the butter to melt.
Check out the Shri and Sam's Sauce Pan by clicking here
- Then separately stir brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a bowl and mix that to butter in the sauce pan. Boil this mix for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Now take the sauce pan off the stove, and add soda and vanilla to it. Then mix it.
- The caramel sauce is ready, now pour this on the popcorn.
- Place all the popcorn in a baking dish and bake in the pre heated oven. Do this for 1 hour and stir it every 15 minutes.
Check out Shri and Sam's Lasagna Tray for perfect baking. Click here to buy it!
- Take it out after an hour and let it dry off, before it breaks into pieces.
- Tasty and crunchy caramel popcorns are ready to be served.
Serve the crunchy popcorn in Shri and Sam's Serving bowl set. Click Here to check it out!